Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games


So last night me and my ninja went to see the Hunger Games. For those who have been living under a rock for last month or so, The Hunger Games is a movie based on the first book of  a series written by Suzanne Collins about a country who sends 24 kids (12-18) into an arena to fight to the death every year. Neither my ninja nor myself have read any of the books, and weren't really sure if we wanted to actually go see it due to all the hype.   As I hope some people have noticed, most of the time the highly talked about movies are the worst movies. This however I do not believe is the case. It reminded me of the Harry Potter Series, where you didn't have to read the books to feel connected. (Although, in the beginning I assume had I been more familiar the ninja and I would have better understood and not have been as confused.) Over all it was a good movie, the killings weren't horror movie status, I think they were done nicely. I was more supprised by people's reactions around because you should have known that was coming and it could have been much worse and more graphic. Do I think kids should see this? It depends, your the parent you know how your child(ern) you know how they'll react. Do I think it'll scare them for life? Heck no. But it might cause some nightmares. So just be cautious its a great movie I recommend seeing it, if you haven't already.
XOXO,
Leah Lolita

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;