Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Morning Cartoons!!!


I loved Saturday Morning Cartoons as a kid, however mine Saturday morning consisted more of Doug, Pepper Ann (who I always found to be weird instead of cool) and all the other characters that lived on Disney's One Saturday Morning.

My dad, I believe got the better end of the cartoon stick. Being born in 1968, he grew up with some of the more wacky, but most cartoon-like cartoons to hit TV. You had all the Superheros, the Adams family cartoon, the original Scooby Doo, Captain Caveman, Josie and the Pussycats, and off course my dad always talks about Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Cartoon. Cartoons were focused on getting kids attention and as a marketing device to sell them all sorts of things. Although some would frown upon that, to me it made some of the best cartoons because they were actually poised towards kids making them iconic.


What do you think? Leave a comment telling me what you think of modern day cartoons compared to our parents cartoons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;