Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Favorite Disney Movie Tunes Playlist!



I am a huge Disney fan! My iPod has just as many Disney songs as it does rock n' roll or any other genre. It'll be difficult, but here are my top 13 favorite Disney songs. (In no particular order) Enjoy! 
XOXO, 
Leah Lolita
  1. All I Want - Song of The South - While this movie gets a lot of flack, the actual story line and music is divine! I spent many nights throughout my childhood listening to the soundtrack until I fell asleep, my other favorite will pop up a little further down the list. 
  2. When You Wish Upon A Star - Pinocchio - Anyone who has ever heard of Disney has heard this song before. Just the first few bars is enough to give me goose bumps and fill me with warm and happy thoughts. 
  3.  You'll Be In My Heart   - Tarzan - I remember the movie coming out and thinking it was one of the coolest things ever! I love this song, it has that perfect comforting Disney feel we all know and love.
  4. Reflection - Mulan - Every girl has felt like this before at some point in her life. When I first moved to my current location, this song really matched what I was feeling and thinking at the time.
  5. My Own Home - The Jungle Book - I remember watching this movie and aside from wishing I grew up in the jungle I wanted to be this little girl. She was pretty, lived in the jungle and had a boy fall in love with her on the spot. Its a simple song, but its always been a favorite.
  6. We're Your Friends - The Jungle Book - Another song from the Jungle Book inspired by The Beatles and the British Invasion going on during the time of the movie's making, what could be better? Its a catchy little number and helps brighten up a sad spot in the movie.
  7. Part Of Your World (reprise) - The Little Mermaid - While its not the longest Disney song, its certainly a favorite of mine. "I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something is starting right now." always plays in my head right after I feel like something major is going to happen or I've accomplished something great.
  8. Opening Titles - The Little Mermaid - I love aquariums, this always makes me think of that innital step into the aquarium where you go from normal life to sea life. It also reminds me of the Little Mermaid stage show at Walt Disney World's MGM Studios, which was my favorite thing to do at Disney even though my parents couldn't stand it.
  9. In A World of My Own - Alice In Wonderland - Thanks to this movie and this song, I have longed to fall asleep by a lake and go visit Wonderland, as of yet I haven't been so lucky.
  10. Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale - Cinderella - This is my mother's favorite movie and by far her and mine personal favorite. Not only is it a beautiful song, the bubbles are spectacular.
  11. Steady As The Beating Drum - Pocahaontas - Much like the Song of the South music, the sound and feel of this song fills me with a feeling I just love, but can't fully express. It has to be felt. 
  12. Let The Rain Pour Down - Song Of The South - Another beautiful rich song from Song of the South. I love the rich and soulful sound that seems to have been lost of the years. 
  13. The Second Star To The Right - Peter Pan - Oh the opening bars alone are magnificent, however this song perfectly encompasses childhood and make believe. Many a night's as a child I would look up at the stars searching for that one star and always want to leave my window open just in case Peter came by. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;