Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Favorites!/Update!

Summer time is here! That means hot weather, hot bodies and realizing that maybe I ate just a wee-bit too much yummy-yummy fattening good stuff this winter! Anyway during this time of year I always feel refreshed and ready to try new products. That being said as the summer rolls by, I hope to be doing some reviews of some of the new products I'll be trying out. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments below! Until that time here are some of my summer favorites and must haves!

Snoods: I adore snoods, they are prefect for all this hot, balmy, moisture filled air! They make any look instantly vintage with a 1940's flair. Some snood hairstyle ideas, LisaFreemontStreet, ilovegerado, lolitahaze.com ,babycherriestyle.blogspot.com, ladydomona.blogspot.com & evillyns.wordpress.com. They're pretty easy to come by and usually don't cost a whole lot of money either! Check out etsy as with all things etsy is a wonderful place to find all kind of goodies!

Finishing Spray: Searching around YouTube, I've heard a lot about finishing spray and living in an area that suffers from high humidity, if I'm going to put forth the effort to do my face, I don't want it to melt off before anyone gets to see it. I recently purchased Nyx Cosmetics' finishing spray and fell in love with it! For under $10.00 I can spray a refreshing mist that will hold my makeup all day and into the night and I don't have to worry about thin spots and puddles of foundation all over my face. My dear mother refers to it as "hairspray for your face"

Makeup Sponges: Yet another beauty tool I've been dying to try, but not really sure where to begin with. While on vacation last week, my friend and I ran into Target and decided to try Target's version of this bad boy out. When damped, it does wonders for my face when applying foundation!

High Waist-ed Shorts: I adore these babies right now! Some days are too hot for a full skirt & blouse combo, but these babies help be keep cool and in the vintage style I love! I sadly only have one pair that I found last year at Old Navy, they weren't very expensive but they are very vintage-y although they do go pretty high up on my belly-button! Here are some cuties I'd love to get my hands on: Polyvore, Dayglodiva, Pintrest & WANELO 

Vintage Inspired Bikini/Bathing Suit: It is summer isn't? Of course one of my staples would be
I may not look cute but my suit sure is!
my lovely bathing suit my darling mother made for me. If you are not as lucky to have someone who can make you something so darling I would highly suggest these: Etsy, WANELO, Modcloth & PinupgirlClothing








This is not a complete list of all my summer faves, but is a great start! Stay tuned for even more summer updates through out the season and all my crazy adventures!
XOXO, 
Leahlolita

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;